Assignment: Imagine that you are an industry public relations practitioner and need to write a news release for your organization’s upcoming fundraising event (that you want people to attend) to send to the local media outlets. What would you include in the news release? What form would you write it in order to get it ready for the media outlet? What do the article NEED to include to get people to attend?
THE EVENT HAS TO BE IN MIAMI, FLORIDA
- To complete this assignment, you need to identify an actual organization that is having or sponsoring an upcoming (in the next three months) local fundraising event.
- Write a news release for the event using information obtained from the organization’s website or interviews over phone and/or email with the staff member(s) organizing the event. Gather as much information as you can.
- Use the example of a news release on CHAPTER 11.4 as a guideline.
- Word Count for Press Release: 250-300.
- Please use Times New Roman 12 pt. double-spaced.