You have been asked to create a database model using MS Visio Database Model Diagram Template. The purpose of this lab is to provide experience designing, with limited instructions, a simple database based on a list of data requirements and associated business rules.
You will then complete an MS Access database based on the model developed in Visio, creating the necessary tables and relationships.
Upon completing this Lab, you will be able to
- create a new Visio file for database design;
- using the data requirements and the business rules provided, develop a conceptual model (ERD), including attribute data types and required field lengths; and
- create a new MS Access database based on the ERD.
Part A: YourNameLab3.vsdx (Visio Diagram)
Part B: YourNameLab3.accdb (Access Database)
Microsoft Office: Word 2013, Visio 2013, and Access 2013
Options for accessing the software:
- Use a personal copy on your PC. You can request a copy of Microsoft Office 2013 via the Student Software Store icon on the Course Resources Page. Microsoft Office is located on the Students tab and all other Microsoft products, such as Visio and Access, are located on the DreamSparks tab.
- If you are a MAC user, click to read the https://devryu.instructure.com/courses/899/pages/mac-support.
- Click DeVry virtual lab (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. environment to access all Microsoft Office software. For additional information about the virtual lab and how to save files, click the Lab icon on the Course Resources page.