Master Tutor Eyes Only:
Groups really do work is my personal opinion! People that work as a group are able to get more accomplished then they would as individuals . Some of the advantages of using a group are; having more credibility, benefit from the collective experience, skills and ideas of its members . Computer Innovations, a organization helps that fix technology based products is my generic organization.
If I was apart of a research team examining work groups, the bulk of my research completed would be training and measurement of performance, goal setting, work design, and interface design. Training I think is the most powerful way to increase individual productivity. Teamwork within Work groups is another strong factor affecting productivity . Have work groups discuss what teamwork means to them in terms of behaviors. Work hard to avoid blame. Rather than talking about individuals- talk about workflow and how people can coordinate and support each other in which will increase the team effectiveness on performing together as a team.
Losh, S. (2011). Group behavior in organizations. San Diego: Bridgepoint Education, Inc.
Myatt, M. (2013, June 17).
5 transitions great leaders make that average leaders donâ€™t.
Forbes. Retrieved from http://www.forbes.com/sites/mikemyatt/2013/06/17/5-transitions-great-leaders-make-that-average-leaders-dont/
To participate in the following discussions, go to this week’s Discussion link in the left navigation.
Read the article “5 Transitions Great Leaders Make That Average Leaders Donâ€™t.” Name as many qualities as possible for a great leader. Why is it important to be a great leader? What is the difference between a leader and a manager? Why is it important for a great leader to get personal with his/her people? Respond to at least two of your classmatesâ€™ posts.
- Conflict and Competition
Discuss whether intergroup conflict and intergroup competition are the same or different. Provide examples to support your position. What strategies can a leader use to ensure that there are positive results from the conflict or competition? Respond to at least two of your classmatesâ€™ posts.
To complete the following assignment, go to this week’s Final Paper link in the left navigation.
Focus of the Final Paper
In Week One, you will choose a generic organization (manufacturing plant, hospital, etc.). Assume that you are a hired consultant for this organization. You have been asked by the president of the organization to prepare a background paper on the results of your research and to make recommendations to improve group productivity in the organization.
Your research has identified the following problems:
- Role conflicts within groups
- Communication problems among group members
- Lack of cohesiveness in groups with diverse members
- Excessive intergroup conflict
In an eight to ten-page paper, include the following:
- Introduction – clear explanation of the type of organization
- Explanation of how each problem could impact a groupâ€™s productivity (use examples to illustrate points)
- Recommendations to resolve each problem
- Suggestions, based on your knowledge of group dynamics, for a company-wide training program on best practices for group productivity
Writing the Final Paper
The Final Paper:
- Must be eight to ten double-spaced pages in length, and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Studentâ€™s name
- Course name and number
- Instructorâ€™s name
- Date submitted
- Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
- Must use at least six scholarly sources.
- Must document all sources in APA style, as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate reference page, formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
The discussions are due Thursday by 18:00 hrs and one page per discussions, cited and referenced and PLEASE, just one page per discussion do not drag a good anwser out to several pages. The Assignment is due by Sunday of this week not next and must be followed accordily to how the instruction gave to do so. I have sent my generic organization that I chose to write about at the top of the paper. All assignments must be on time according to our agreement, no exceptions.