I’m studying for my Statistics class and need an explanation.
Learn by Doing
Here are the directions, grading rubric, and definition of high-quality feedback for the Learn by Doing discussion board exercises. WARNING: Please do not continue without clicking on the Learn-by-Doing link in the previous sentence and reading every word!
Use descriptions of shape, center, and spread to compare the distribution of calories in adult and child cereals.
To view the grading rubric for this discussion board, click on menu icon (three vertical dots) and then select show rubric. Please note, if viewing the course via the Canvas mobile app the rubric does not appear on this page.
Tips for Success
- To post your initial post, click the “reply” button at the top of the introduction thread below.
- You are required to reply to two of your peers in this discussion; don’t forget to complete this requirement of the activity or you will lose points. Provide high-quality feedback to your peers.
Under Learn by Doing link
Learn by Doing Discussions
Directions for the Assigned Group Discussions
Submit your initial post:
- Address all items in the discussion prompt with your initial post (be sure to number your answers clearly).
- If directed to do so, embed all required StatCrunch output in your initial post (do not submit StatCrunch output as an attachment).
- All pertinent StatCrunch directions will be provided in context.
- You were randomly assigned to a group for all discussions in the current module. However, you will not be able to see responses from other students in your group until you post your initial response to the discussion prompt.
Review other responses and reply to self with corrections:
- After you post your initial response, continue to the ANSWER(S) page and review your instructor’s response.
- Return to the discussion and read the responses from others in your group.
- We all learn from mistakes (our own and our classmates’ mistakes). So, please do not correct your mistakes immediately. If possible, wait until you receive feedback from at least one other group member, then reply to your own initial post with your corrections. Please do not create a new thread for your corrections.
Provide high-quality feedback:
- Provide high-quality feedback to two of your group-mates. WARNING: To earn full-credit for the assignment, every student in your group must receive high-quality feedback from at least two distinct group-mates. Keep in mind, that a student’s reply to self with a correct does NOT count as feedback.
- Here is a PDF with the features of high-quality feedback (Links to an external site.).
There will be one group grade for all students participating in the group discussion. Those students who do not fully participate will earn a lower score. For example, if you do not commit a good-faith effort to responding to the discussion prompt in your initial post (by the due date), you are not a fully participating group member.
Here are the requirements for the group to earn credit for this discussion. By the due date:
- Commit a good-faith effort in responding to the above prompt in your initial post.
- Your response to the discussion prompt must be based on the reading and Module content.
- All of your answers to the prompt must be included in in your initial reply to this discussion.
- Read ALL initial posts with your group-mates’ responses to the discussion prompt.
- Make a good-faith effort to provide high quality feedback to at least two different group-mates. The group will earn a higher grade if the feedback helps students make necessary corrections to their initial answers.
- You must receive high-quality feedback from at least two distinct group-mates.
- Carefully read all the feedback your group-mates gave you.
- If necessary, respond to yourself and make corrections to your initial answer(s). Be sure to make corrections in your own words; copying is plagiarism.