I don’t understand this Law question and need help to study.
PLEASE NO PLAGIARISM
FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS
- fter briefing the management team on employment law from the Management Team Briefing on Employment Laws assignment, it is time to apply the knowledge to internal processes. There are many fundamental legal concerns surrounding recruiting and the overall hiring processes within organizations. A current review of the company’s HR policies and procedures centered on employment law reveals some possible opportunities to improve the overall recruitment and hiring process. Specific opportunities exist in background checks, employment tests, and hiring and promotions. If not properly administered, these areas may cause employment law issues within the company.
Write a 6–8 page paper in which you:
- Briefly explain your overall understanding of conducting employee background checks. Why are they done? Why are they important? Be clear with your discussion.
- Identify and discuss at least two types of background checks you believe most organizations conduct and explain how you will ensure the types you select are properly administered in the company.
- List and describe at least five employee drug-testing procedures you would implement to comply with state drug-testing laws. How would you ensure adherence to the procedures?
- Briefly discuss your understanding of bona fide occupational qualification (BFOQ), affirmative action preferences, and promotions. Then, identify at least three actions you would take to avoid employment law issues with these topics. Be specific.
- Go to Basic Search: Strayer University Online Library to find at least three quality academic resources for this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other websites do not qualify as academic resources.
This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course. Check with your professor for any additional instructionsThe specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
- Review the purpose and types of background checks, bona fide occupational qualification, and affirmative action preferences.