Unit 7 Introduction.html
Unit 7: Late Adulthood
By the end of this unit, students will be able to:
- Differentiate physical aging and disease.
- Compare and contrast via writing cognitive changes with age.
- Distinguish the major theories of adjustment to aging through assigned readings.
- Illustrate the developmental tasks of later life.
- Evaluate the personality changes in later life.
- Prepare and propose coping strategies for death, dying, and bereavement and evaluate the ethics of euthanasia. Analyze death, dying and bereavement within the context of different cultures.
In this unit, we will be studying development in late adulthood. In addition to the reading in this unit, I recommend the following videos to get you started on our topic.