I’m working on a Computer Science exercise and need support.
Final Project: New Location Network: You were hired as part of the Vision 2020 program and have been working at Newton for some time now. You have spent a considerable portion of your time troubleshooting and analyzing the organization’s computer network to keep it running smoothly. Your direct supervisor and lead network administrator have been very impressed with your skills and fast learning abilities. In order to determine if you are ready to take on more responsibility, you have been asked for your input in regard to the new office location setup project.
Newton is considering adding a new office and is exploring potential locations in Tacoma, Washington; Rochester, New York; or Fayetteville, North Carolina. Your task is to choose one of the possible locations and deliver a report to the team with key considerations and recommendations for the setup of the network infrastructure at the new office. This office will be home to 50 employees, including the new executive vice president of sales and marketing. All the possible sites have offices located on the third floor of an office building with access to fiber, cable, and T1 internet service providers. In addition to the standard. network, the site must support live video teleconferencing calls with employees based at the other sites, as well as reliably send print jobs to billboard printers located in the satellite office in Austin.
How would you approach setting up the network at the location you have selected? What considerations are key in informing the systems and resources necessary to meet the organization’s needs and support the business goals and objectives?
Specifically, the following critical elements must be addressed:
- Introduction: Summarize the key considerations of the project, being sure to identify your chosen location. For example, what are the “must haves?” What are the constraints?
- LAN Topology
- Describe possible LAN topologies that could be used at the new location.
- Compare the identified LAN topology possibilities based on their relative strengths and weaknesses in regard to support practices.
- Based on your comparison, determine the appropriate LAN topology for this location to allow for optimal support practices. Be sure to explain yourreasoning.
- Internet Service Provider (Note: This section is based on research into actual providers at the office location that you select.)
- Explain key considerations for identifying an internet service provider for the new location.
- Compare at least two internet providers available in the location you have chosen in regard to speed, security, and reliability. Be sure to addresshow these specifics would impact business goals and objectives.
- Based on your analysis, determine the appropriate internet provider for this location to meet the business goals and objectives. Be sure to explainyour reasoning.
- Additional Considerations: In this section, you will address the accompanying considerations for the network based on the needs of the new officelocation.
- Make appropriate hardware and software recommendations to meet the needs of the new office location. Be sure to explain your reasoning.
- Make appropriate printer configuration recommendations to meet the distance printing needs of the new office location. Be sure to explain yourreasoning.
- Make appropriate bandwidth and device recommendations to meet the teleconferencing needs of the new office location. Be sure to explain yourreasoning.
- Potential Errors: In this section, you will discuss common network errors and how your recommendations will minimize and address these issues.
- Based on your previous recommendations, describe common network errors that the new location may encounter.
- Describe effective troubleshooting approaches to the errors you identified.
- Explain how the approaches you described would ensure rapid resolution of the errors. Be sure your response is specific to the business location.
- Conclusion: Summarize your recommendations for the new location, being sure to support your suggestions using networking concepts.
PLEASE SEE ATTACHMENTS FOR RUBRIC AND MILESTONES ONE AND TWO