1) What is the relationship between population growth, pollution, and water scarcity in developing countries? How do these factors impact population health? Be specific and provide examples. Provide examples of international efforts that are aimed at reducing the negative impact from these consequences.
2) What impact do urbanization, industrialization, and agricultural practices have on land and water quality? Provide examples of infrastructure, technology, or other alternative practices for each that have been developed to promote human and environmental health.
3) Class, do you think overpopulation is an important environmental issue? Why or why not?
The issues that I am concern with about overpopulation would be food/water and housing. There are billions of people who go to bed hungry and do not have access to clean water or shelter. Habitat destruction is another example due to overpopulation. More people means you have to go further out and build more schools, housing, buildings, etc… to compensate for the increase in population.
4) Research environmental health issues in a developing country (water and chlolera in congo) related to air, water, and land. Choose one environmental health issue from your research to investigate and evaluate the impact of human influence on the environment in the area. Present your findings in a 10-15 slide PowerPoint presentation. Utilize properly cited illustrations, tables, and graphs, as needed. Include comprehensive speaker notes for each slide.
- Describe the developing country and the overall challenges compounding environmental health issues and public health.
- Evaluate how population growth, urbanization, and industrialization have negatively affected the quality of air, land, or water and the types of pollution emissions they have caused.
- Choose a specific environmental health consequence related to air, water, or land. Provide an overview of the environmental health issue, including potential causes and the effect from the environment exposure (air, land, water). Discuss the correlation between ensuing pollution and the impact on population health. Identify surveillance reports and summarize the burden of disease, health inequity, and morbidity and mortality rates resulting from the environmental exposure.
- Explain the impact this environmental issue has on animal and ecosystem health.
- Describe how the environmental health issue and public health are currently being addressed.
- Discuss the future consequences, both local and global, if environmental policy and strategic planning are not supported or implemented to address the cause of the pollutants and the environmental health issues.please use ( research cholera in DRC congo )
You are required to cite three to five sources to complete this assignment. Sources must be published within the last 5 years and appropriate for the assignment criteria and public health content.
Refer to the resource, “Creating Effective PowerPoint Presentations,” located in the Student Success Center, for additional guidance on completing this assignment in the appropriate style.
Please use the below resources and refernces.
Read “World Urbanization Prospects: The 2014 Revision – Highlights,” by the Department of Economic and Social Affairs, Population Division (2014), located on the United Nations (UN) website
Explore the Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) page in the Health Topics section of the World Health Organization (WHO) website.
Review “Links Between Humans and Ecosystems: The Implications of Framing for Health Promotion Strategies,” located on Healthy People website.
Read “What Is The Environmental Impact of Agriculture?” by Čirjak, from Environment (2020), located on the World Atlas website.
Ingelbeen, B., Hendrickx, D., Miwanda, B., van der Sande, M., Mossoko, M., Vochten, H….Muyembe, J. (2019). Recurrent Cholera Outbreaks, Democratic Republic of the Congo, 2008–2017. Emerging Infectious Diseases, 25(5), 856-864. https://doi.org/10.3201/eid2505.181141