Many workplaces use portable ladders to conduct work (e.g., painting, repairing) or to access supplies and materials. Locate any ladders used in your workplace, and conduct an inspection of them for compliance with 29 CFR 1910.23 and 1910.26. If you are able to observe any ladders in use, evaluate whether they are being used in accordance with the standards.
Your report should contain the following items:
- a brief description of the workplace inspected;
- a compliance checklist prepared for the specific workplace and the standards being evaluated;
- noncompliance observed, including the full OSHA standard citations;
- recommended corrective actions; and
- a summary of overall compliance.
The report should be a minimum of two pages in length (double-spaced), including the checklist. The report must follow APA guidelines for formatting, and the report must include a title page and reference page.