Part 1 OWN ON PAGE
begin by researching NJ statute regarding theclassification of crimes as misdemeanors or felonies. In your main post,include the following:
· Summarize the delineating factors thatdifferentiate felonies from misdemeanors.
· Explore why it is important for lawenforcement officers to understand these distinctions.
· Explain the elements of one inchoateoffense from your state statute.
· Describe whether your chosen inchoateoffense is a felony or misdemeanor.
Part2 OWN ON PAGE
consider the crime of attempt andaccomplice liability when answering the following in your main post:
· Explain whether you believe the crime ofattempt should carry the same punishment as the related substantive offense.
· Evaluatewhether the same punishment as the substantive offense should be applied whenit comes to an accomplice to a crime.
· Articulatewhether the intent of an accomplice in assisting in the commission of a crimeis a necessary element.
· Explorethe criminal liability of an accomplice if the accomplice has a duty to preventa crime, but fails to use reasonable efforts to do so.