Reaction Paper: Motivation Due: 06/10/17
The goal of this paper is to further stimulate your thinking in regard to the topic of human motivation as it pertains to the workplace, and to provide a thoughtful response to a current article about workplace leadership that inspires to motivate employees to achieve their best. Please read the article entitled: “The Top 9 Things That Ultimately Motivate Employees to Achieve” published by Glen Llopis in Forbes Magazine, and provide a thoughtful reaction to his ideas about leadership that seeks to motivate and inspire employees. More specifically:
· Choose at least 3 of the 9 issues mentioned by Llopis and discuss them in more depth. Then, relate these issues to one of the theories of motivation discussed in Chapter 7 (e.g., Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs, Herzberg’s Two Factor Theory, Goal Setting Theory).
· Please also discuss which of Llopis’ “9 things” motivates you the most? Why?
The paper must be at least 2-3 pages in length (not including cover and reference page), doubled-spaced, 12 point Times New Roman font and submitted on a Microsoft Word document through the safe assign link located under Course Material: Week 7: Assignments folder. The article can be accessed at the following website address: http://www.forbes.com/sites/glennllopis/2012/06/04/top-9-things-that-ultimately-motivate-employees-to-achieve/#1e31f9194fa7
Reaction Paper: graded according to the following criteria:
- Writing is clear, organized, and logical: up to 5 points
- Responses to questions are insightful, utilizing appropriate examples: up to 5 points
- Application of knowledge gained from the course content: up to 5 points
- Proper use of APA style: up to 5 points