Human Resources Issue Paper
present a human resources issue in health care (thus there must be some sort of controversy), research the literature, analyze the alternatives, and present a
conclusion (take a stand). Potential topics may include issues related to diversity, globalization, change management, conflict resolution, competencies, engagement,
learning organizations, managing contract workers, telework, etc. The nursing shortage is not an acceptable topic.
The paper should be based on at least five current peer reviewed journal articles available through the UMUC Library database. The papers should be no more than 18
pages in length, not including the Title Page, and References.
Citations and format must be in APA style. This paper is designed to give you a model for presenting an issue to executive management and must include an Abstract
(included in the page count).
In the working world, you must be able to summarize complex issues and make a recommendation in a limited number of pages. Each paper should include:
2. A brief statement of the issue (10 points)
3. Synopsis of the literature researched, including both the journal articles and any relevant information from the text or other non-scholarly sources. (20 points)
4. Examination of both sides of the issue (40 points)
5. Recommendation of how managers should deal with this issue if it presents itself in their organization. (10 points)
6. What was learned and how it will be applied in the student’s present situation. (10 points)
7. The paper should be in APA format, and the writing should be clear and understandable with correct grammar, spelling, punctuation, etc. (10 points)