IPrior to beginning work on this assignment, read Chapters 3, 7, and 9 in the Eiras and Scott (2010) Practical CIO: A Common Sense Guide for Successful IT Leadership e-book and the Jablokow, Jablokow, and Seasock (2010) “IT Leadership From a Problem Solving Perspective” article. You will need to research one additional scholarly resource in the University of Arizona Global Campus Library to support your work in this assignment. Review the IT Challenge Scenarios (Links to an external site.) supplemental material, and select the challenge that appeals to you (Young Gonzaga, 2015). This scenario will form the basis for all subsequent written work in the course.
You will be including revised content from this assignment in your Integrative IT Strategic Plan final assignment. You may wish to review the instructions included for the Integrative IT Strategic Plan in Week Six prior to completing work on this assignment to see how it fits into your overall final paper.
In this assignment, you will evaluate the relationship between IT management and enterprise operations by critically assessing the business needs and the goals (purpose) of the organization’s challenge initiative.
- Create a comprehensive appraisal of the context of your chosen scenario including the background of the organization.
- Describe the chosen scenario’s challenge and its goals being sure to provide enough historical information so readers understand the organization and the challenge(s) it faces.
- Identify the major components of the challenge including internal factors such as HR and motivational concerns, organizational issues, and any external factors that impact the organization.
- Apply IT management principles to provide an evaluation of the business objectives related to your scenario’s challenge initiative (i.e., outsourcing, acquisition, or business process reengineering [BPR]).
- Identify the goals of the organization in your specific scenario including the stakeholders and their primary needs.
- Provide an analysis of the challenges for meeting the goals of the organization synthesizing enterprise technology implementation knowledge.
- Provide an analysis of the key success elements for meeting the goals of the organization.
The Introduction, Background, and Scope paper
- Must be three to four double-spaced [900-1,200 words] in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Writing Center’s APA Style (Links to an external site.) resource.
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- For further assistance with the formatting and the title page, refer to APA Formatting for Word 2013 (Links to an external site.).
- Must use at least three scholarly sources in addition to the course text.
- The Scholarly, Peer Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.) table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- Must document any information used from sources in APA style as outlined in the Writing Center’s Citing Within Your Paper (Links to an external site.) guide.
- (Links to an external site.)Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Writing Center. See the Formatting Your References List (Links to an external site.) resource in the Writing Center for specifications.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric (Links to an external site.) for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.