HRD/OD Interview Preparation
This is a two part assignment, with the first part due in Unit I and the second part due in Unit III.
Identify an organization that you have access to in order to conduct an interview with an HRD/OD professional. The
organization can be your current employer, a Fortune 500 organization, or a selected organization approved by your
1. Provide a one paragraph overview of the organization, describing the history, scope, size, and purpose.
2. Schedule an appointment with the organizationâ€™s HRD/OD professional, and submit the date, time, name,
position, and contact information of interviewee along with your overview.
[Preview into Unit IIIâ€™s HRD/OD Interview Mini Project]
Conduct an interview with the HRD/OD professional selected in part one of this assignment. Cover at least the following
topics in the interview:
1. top three-five successes/areas of influence of HRD/OD practitioners,
2. top three-five obstacles of HRD/OD practitioners, and
3. keys to success in strategic planning of HRD.
Remember that interviews do not always consist solely of asking questions; research the organization you have chosen
and be prepared for an in-depth discussion. Make up a list of questions to ask your guest during the interview. This is your
opportunity to learn from a professional who has been in the industry. Once you have completed the interview, submit a
two-page report on your findings from the interview. Consider what you learned and how you can apply it to your career