HP Enterprises (HPE) is a California corporation
- What result if it decides to contribute its PC/Printer business to a new subsidiary (HP Inc.), and then distribute the stock of HP, Inc. to its existing shareholders? Assume the distribution takes place in January 2015.
- What if each shareholder also gets $1 per share in addition to the HP Inc. shares?
- What happens to HPE’s NOLs?
- What if 70% of the assets transferred to HP Inc. were cash?
- What if HPE acquired the PC/Printer medical device business in a taxable purchase in April, 2013?
- What result if in July 2015, HP Inc. agrees to be acquired by Lenovo?
- What happens to any of HP Inc’s NOLs on this subsequent acquisition by Lenovo?