To prepare for the Assessment:
- Think about the characteristics of transformational leadership.
- Review the Sherman & Pross (2010) resource related to workplace culture.
- Select a scenario from your current or past workplace in which a leader demonstrated transformational leadership.
To complete the Assessment:
Write a 4- to 5-page paper (not including the title page or reference page) in which you do the following:
- Describe the scenario you selected and introduce the workplace leader. Use a pseudonym and/or title only.
- Describe the transformational behaviors or actions the leader exhibited. Be specific and provide examples.
- Explain how these behaviors or actions produce the best care and environment for excellence in nursing practice and a healthy workplace environment that leads to quality patient outcomes.
- For each behavior or action, provide an example of how excellence in nursing practice is taking place.
- Explain how the leader’s behaviors and actions contribute to a healthy workplace culture.
- Conclude by explaining the relationship among transformational leadership, communication, and collaboration with other teams generally and how this promotes excellence in nursing practice.
Use the Competency resources and your research to support your explanations.