How Surrealism influence the fashion world?
Surrealism is a cultural movement began at the early 1920’s. During World War I surrealism developed out of the Dada activities and the important center of the movement was came from Paris. From the 1920’s, the movement spread around the world eventually affecting different category, Such as visual arts, literature, film, and music of many countries and languages, as well as political thought and practice, philosophy, and social theory.
In Surrealism art, artist painted unnerving, illogical scenes with photographic precision, created strange creatures from everyday objects. They mainly express and explore the subconscious contradictions, such as life and death, past and future. Although this movement has been around 90 years ago, but the connotation and style of surrealism still influence today’s fashion and art industry of their works. There were many designers in different centuries were inspire by the surrealism. Or example during the 2008 spring and summer fashion show stage is the most popular, so explore the surreal context of the style is particularly necessary. From this essay attempts to make an in-depth analysis of the background of the surrealism movement, the style , the evolution of surrealism style, clarify its characteristics and methods, also what designer and photographer inspire by this movement.
– What is surrealism (artist->photographer)(a way of seeing and a way of sharping things)
– What do they want to tell and how do they present through surrealism art
– Why surrealism having a big influence in fashion
– Which designer and photographer get influence by them
– Look at current collection->Asian fashion( japan-> cospaly/dress a charater)->(live out a side of yourself through the clothes/costume)