There will be a penalty for late submissions (See Syllabus for Details).
The key to this assignment is to demonstrate your understanding of the topics, not to re-word the text or reference material. Please see Appendix A for the grading rubric on all written assignments.
Please complete the scenario below following these guidelines for your deliverable.
- Your assignment must be a minimum of 2 pages double spaced, plus a title page and a reference page for a total of 4 pages.
- Make sure you are using at least two (2) academic references.
- This submission should be created following APA 6th edition guidelines.
- The paper is to follow the APA style guide, Sixth Edition (available via bookstores).
- Also refer to APA’s online resources: http://apastyle.apa.org/learn/tutorials/basics-tutorial.aspx
- and the APUS web site: http://www.apus.edu/Online-Library/tutorials/apa.htm
- Submit your assignment as a MSWord attachment.
- You will be required to run your paper through Turnitin.com, ensure that your similarity index is sufficiently low, and submit an originality report with your paper.
Research and discuss the principle of exploits based on buffer-overflow attacks.
How can buffer-overflow attacks be avoided?
Rubric for Grading:
1. Discuss Principle of Exploits Based on Buffer-overflow Attacks 40%
2. Writing Conventions (Grammar and Mechanics)10%
3. How to Avoided Buffer-overflow Attacks 40%
4. Source (APA Format) 10%