Compare and contrast “A Doll House” to Chopin “Story of an Hour”.
Focus on gender and social roles, and how both works look into exploring and critiquing these notions. Refer to the Gender studies section in the Norton for more guidance (1325-1326), as well as to the compare and contrast sections on strategies that you encountered in 111, particularly a point-by-point one to help structure your analysis.Choose ONE common theme (marriage, male/female relationships, freedom/oppression, or justice) and use that theme to analyze the topics listed above using a debatable, analytical thesis statement with key points.
An introduction with thesis statement; a body of points explored; and a conclusion.
- Close reading of passages from the play to support your analysis.
- Locate at least three academically valid sources and the citation for the playto support the main points in your essay AND to further reinforce your points.
- Development and organization of analysis within 5 pages (not including work cited page)
- Clear grammar and style.
- Adherence to MLA format.
- A Works Cited page on separate page (insert page break if needed).
- SUMMARIZING THE PLAY
- SUMMARIZING YOUR RESOURCES
- COMPARING AND CONTRASTING ANALYSIS THAT SHOWS HOW THE PLAY IS DIFFERENT THAN THE WORLD TODAY.
- PERSONAL RESPONSES