Child Development Observation (Toddler)By completing this assignment, you will be meeting Weekly Learning Outcomes 1, 3, and 4.OverviewThis week you will continue observing another stage of child development. Chapter 6 of your textbook describes the stages of physical, social, emotional, cognitive, and language development in toddlers one- to three-years old, including the developmental milestones and domains. Use the textbook in addition to the video provided with the instructions for this assignment as resources. This assignment supports your knowledge of child development stages, domains and milestone, which you will use in your Week Five Final Paper.InstructionsRead Chapter 6 of Early child development: From theory to practice (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. and view the toddler observation video below. As you watch the video, take notes about what you observe related to child development. Next, write a paper that meets the following content and written communication expectations.
There is no narrative or dialogue in this video
Content Expectations/Content Criteria
- Observation Summary (1.5 points): Summarize your observations from the Toddler Observation video.
- Developmental Stages and Domains (2 points): Based on your observations, explain the stages and domains of development, including physical and motor development, social-emotional development, self-help development, cognitive development, and language development.
- Typical Development (1.5 points): Discuss any concerns with the typical development that you observed in the toddler.
- Development Support Strategies (2 points): Based on your observations and your desired professional role, explain how you might support this stage with developmentally appropriate practices. In addition, explain what elements your environment might include.
Written Communication Expectations
- Page Requirement (0.5 point): Two to three pages, not including the title and references pages.
- APA Formatting (0.5 point): Use APA 6th edition formatting, as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center, consistently throughout the assignment.
- Syntax and Mechanics (0.5 point): Display meticulous comprehension and organization of syntax and mechanics, such as spelling and grammar.
- Source Requirement (0.5 point): References the textbook and video resources for the assignment and at least two additional scholarly sources to provide compelling evidence to support ideas. All sources on the references page need to be used and cited correctly within the body of the assignment.
Review and Submit the AssignmentReview your assignment with the Grading Rubric (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. to be sure you have achieved the distinguished levels of performance for each criterion. Next, submit the assignment to the drop box for evaluation no later than Day 7.