I’m trying to learn for my Health & Medical class and I’m stuck. Can you help?
Part One: Training Plan
- You are to create a privacy training plan as the healthcare manager of a facility. Your training plan should include:
- Timeliness of training (when training should be completed by for new hires)
- Who is the trainer?
- How long training will be (how many days and how long each day)?
- The method of training (in person, online, etc…)
- Who should have training?
- How you will verify attendance of trainees?
- This is part one of the project. The training plan must be submitted as a one page APA formatted document.
Part Two: Create the Training
- For part two of the assignment, you will create a PowerPoint presentation used for the training. Examples of scenarios your employees would encounter, regarding each content item listed below, should be included. Follow proper formatting for a PowerPoint (at least 22 point font, do not overcrowd slides – about 7 lines to a slide). Use the notes section to indicate the script for each slide. The presentation should be a minimum of 10 slides including a title slide and reference slide.
- The content of the training should be as follows:
- What is HIPAA and how does it affect me as an employee?
- What is the Notice of Privacy Practices, who gets a copy and what does it cover?
- What is protected health information?
- How do patients obtain copies of records?
- What is the purpose of a confidentiality agreement and why do I have to sign one as an employee?
- What is included in a confidentiality agreement?
- This is part two of the project. The training presentation must be a minimum of 10 slides with speaker notes and be submitted as a PowerPoint presentation.
Part Three: Create a Confidentiality Agreement
- For part three of the assignment, you will create a one-page confidentiality agreement using the guidelines that you just presented in your training. The agreement must contain appropriate spacing and signature lines. The confidentially agreements must be submitted as a word document.