- Provide an introductory section that engages readers and introduces them to your selected text and purpose of this assignment;
- Identify and demonstrate the author’s use of different conventions, elements, and strategies for establishing ethos and explain whether the author is successful in establishing ethos;
- Identify and analyze some of the different elements of academic writing used to develop the text;
- Conclude the response appropriately by exploring the paper’s significance for others;
- Use an effective structure that carefully guides the reader from one idea to the next, including the use of transition phrases and sentences between ideas;
- Be thoroughly edited and use appropriate diction and tone to satisfy an academic audience’s expectations;
- Meet MLA standards for format, style, citation, and documentation.
Using this single text published in a professional and/or scholarly periodical associated with your discipline or major, you are tasked with analyzing its author’s use of “conventions of academic writing” and strategies for developing ethos. Identify multiple conventions used, examine why they were chosen, and analyze the effects they have upon the author’s target audience. If you have some insight on a particular failure of the author to establish her/his/their credibility as speakers on the issue/topic addressed in the selected text, you can explain that, as well. I do not suspect that this kind of criticism of the authors’ ethos will come into play, i.e., you do not have to find fault with your selected author(s).
Please include an appropriate introductory section, one that introduces your text and what you plan to accomplish in the analysis. Furthermore, make sure you have devised an analysis of the authors’ ethos that meets the demands of our expanded definition of ethos, looking at the variety of methods that academics use in their chosen discourse to advance a compelling argument. I chose is (Business Leadership Education: Beyond Position and Profit) https://web-a-ebscohost-com.libproxy.sdsu.edu/ehost/pdfviewer/pdfviewer?vid=11&sid=901f528e-661b-4bb4-9114-93f52114cc73%40sessionmgr4006
- Your paper should be 4-5 MLA formatted pages.
- A Works Cited page is not included in this total but is required
- Note: The article that I chose is (Business
Leadership Education: Beyond Position and Profit) attached below.