Hi please check the requirements.
Identify an issue that you are really interested in pursuing and write an essay in which you describe the problem, explain who it affects and why it merits attention, and write a policy proposal that will solve the problem.
- Look at your notes from course topics and the textbook such as poverty, voting, immigration, the environment, taxing, healthcare, etc.
- Identify an issue that needs a solution in the state of Texas.
- The issue must be related to topics covered in class and the textbook.
Structure of the proposal:
- description of the problem (problem needs to be fixed)
- proposed solution (problem can be fixed)
- justification for the proposed solution (the benefits of fixing the problem outweigh the cost)
Step 1: Presentation of a problem that needs solving: description of problem and background including previous attempts to solve it (refer to previous efforts made to solve the issue such as past bills signed into law, constitutional amendments, etc.), present an argument that the problem can be solved and how your solution will be different and more efficient.
Step 2: Presentation of the proposal i.e. what should be done, explain the specifics of your proposed solution including the steps to be taken, the process to follow, and resources to be used, etc.
Step 3: Summary and rebuttal of opposing views: What reaction(s) would you expect from political parties, the media, interest groups and the public.
Step 4: Conclusion: Summarize your arguments and call for action.
Conduct research using the library databases, find at least 2 articles that will help you define the problem and generate solutions to the problem such as articles published in academic journals, editorials of highly credible news sources, analytical articles published in credible newspapers and magazines) using the following criteria:
- The article must be no more than 5 years old, a minimum of five pages in length, and should meet the standards of college level material.
- Carefully choose those works that provide a variety of perspectives on your topic.
- Dictionaries, Encyclopedias (including Wikipedia), Almanacs, or an Atlas are reference materials and should not be listed in any works cited page on the collegiate level.
- Properly cite your sources in your assignment.
- Include a works cited page.
The report should be at least two pages but no more than three double-spaced pages in length (excluding citations). Use MLA format, Times New Roman font 12 points size.