I’m stuck on a Communications question and need an explanation.
By the end of the week, you should be able to:
1. Define what a negotiation is in one word.
2. Identify the difference between productive and destructive conflicts
3. Identify the two phases of conflict management
4. List four barriers to creating an agreement
5. Share the classic “orange negotiation analogy”
Read the Introduction to Working Through Conflict and the Women’s Hotline Case on page 2 and 3.
From the Working Through Conflict case “The Women’s Hotline” (chapter 1), is it possible to foresee whether a conflict will move in a constructive or destructive direction?
(Be sure to check your email for a note regarding Discussion Board grades. I encourage you to be supportive of each other’s answers.)
In regards to the 2.1 Parking Lot Scuffle case, why did the conflict escalate to physical violence?