Define Transformational Leadership and as it relates to your identified leadership attributes that you possess or need to develop. The master’s prepared nurse demonstrates leadership in the four domains: the profession of nursing, clinical practice arena, health policy arena, and systems level. The impact could be found in health promotion, disease prevention/management, quality improvement and/or within management of a health system. In order to complete this assignment, you will first complete an assessment about your leadership style. Choose one of the topics below and respond to the question asked. Assure your leadership style is evident in your response.
Cherry, K. (2016). What’s Your Leadership Style? Learn more about your strengths and weaknesses as a leader.
Domains: health promotion, disease prevention, quality improvement and health system
Disease Prevention: Obesity in school age children is a significant problem. Melissa, a former elementary school teacher, is a new CNL who has recently joined her state nursing association and is passionate about the 30% or more of the students being over-weight. The local nursing association is looking for a community project to address disease prevention. Melissa has approached the officers with her concern. What AP roles, core competencies and support are needed to make this happen?
- Support your responses with examples.
- Cite any sources in APA format.
- For this assignment, you will research your advanced nursing practice role and summarize your findings in a 4 page paper (excluding the title page and references) 3 references.
- FOLLOW THE RUBRIC:
- Examine regulatory and legal requirements for the state in which you and interviewee plan to practice/work. Describe the organization setting, population and colleagues with whom you plan to work.
- Describe the professional organizations available for membership based on your selected role.
- Identify required competencies (domains) including certification requirements for your selected role.
- Define Transformational Leadership and how it relates to your identified leadership attributes that you possess or need to develop.
- Wrote in a clear, concise, organized manner (2-4 pgs); demonstrated ethical scholarship in appropriate and accurate representation/attribution of sources; accurate spelling, grammar, punctuation. Supported with at least two research articles. APA format