Financial Statement Project
Due Date: Feb 27, 2017. You must work on an individual basis. The purpose of the project is for you to learn finding accounting information in two different approaches.
1. After you have decided your beloved company, log on to: www.sec.gov and find your company. When a company reports XBRL (eXtensible Business Reporting Language), it has an icon called “Interactive Data” which you can click on.
You will need to answer Question 2 in two different ways using financial statements from two different fiscal years.
Step 1: Please find the 2015 annual report (10-K) with the icon called “interactive Data”, click on it and do your research;
Step 2: Please find the 2009 annual report (10-K) with the icon called “Documents”, click on it and do your research;
Please make sure Step 2 has a different fiscal year from Step 1.
2. Please answer the following questions related to your selected company:
(1) On what day does the company file its annual report?
(2) On what day does the company’s fiscal year end?
(3) Under Note 1 for accounting policies, when is revenue recognized?
(4) How much is the basic earnings per share for the fiscal year reported?
(5) What inventory method is used to state the value of the company’s inventory?
(6) What method of depreciation is used by the company to depreciate its property, plant & equipment?
(7) What is the effective income tax rate for the fiscal year reported?
(8) How many different categories of contingencies does the company report? What are they?
(9) How many shares does the company repurchase for the fiscal year reported?
(10)How many different geographic continents/regions/countries does the company operate? Where are they?