I’m trying to study for my English course and I need some help to understand this question.
Please read the paper and answer the following questions:
1. What would you say the topic of the paper is?
2. What is the author’s thesis or main argument?
3. Is the thesis a compelling and strong argument? Does the author clearly and succinctly state the thesis in the introduction?
4. Has the author provided adequate background about the topic in the introduction? Do they provide you with enough information to understand the topic?
5. Does the author cite 3 different sources throughout the paper?
6. Does the author introduce and integrate quotations and paraphrases from these sources? Is it clear where and who these ideas come from?
7. Does the author use strong reporting expressions (such as discusses, argues, explains, examines, contends, etc.) to characterize the information from sources?
8. What evidence does the author use to support their thesis?
9. Are there any confusing or unclear moments in the paper?
10. What have you learned from this paper?
11. Does the conclusion reiterate the thesis, summarize key ideas and explain the importance of the issue?
12. Please provide your overall impressions and comments about the paper.