Epidemiology PROJECT interview
Part 1 (30pts): Students will write a 2-3 page double spaced paper with references aIDressing the following:
1.List the roles and responsibilities of an epidemiologist. Please highlight specific role of an epidemiologist
during an outbreak (e.g., What is the role of an epidemiologist during a major public health outbreak such
as during the Ebola outbreak?).
2.What are the educational requirements (What types of degrees are required). Please identify any licensure,
certifications, or other credentialing requirement. Are there continuing education requirements?
3.What are the career opportunities including salary ranges and/or employment trends?
4.Please conclude a detailed list of the positive and negative aspects of becoming an epidemiologist?
Part 2 (30pts): Conduct an interview with an epidemiologist. This can be conducted face-to-face, online, or
by telephone. In your interview you must aIDress (in order) the following questions:
1. How long have you been an epidemiologist?
2. What is your area of expertise in the field of epidemiology (e.g., Are you an Infection Control
Epidemiologist? Pharmaceutical Epidemiologist? etc.)
3. What educational and professional training have prepared you to perform your job successfully?
4. What sparked your interest in the field of epidemiology?
5. Please describe the positive and negative (if any) aspects of being?
6. Do you have any advice/suggestions for individuals pursuing this particular career choice?
**Please thank the health professional for their time!
Report the responses from your interview with part one.** Please note: In order to receive any points
for this assignment, it is imperative to include the contact information of the epidemiologist (Please
include his/her name, work email, telephone number). **
If there is any problem contact with me
AIDed on 02.03.2015 17:48
Great class on today! I wanted to provide some aIDitional help with locating an epidemiologist for your upcoming assignment.
Here”s a starting list