For this Unit 4 assignment, you will prepare an APA-formatted essay of at least 500 words reflecting the opposing view of the topic that you selected in Unit 3.
When preparing an informative or expository essay, it is important to identify multiple perspectives. Investigating all sides of a topic enables you to interpret a larger picture and prepare logical content. In Unit 3, you selected a topic question, determined a viewpoint, and created your assignment based on that viewpoint. For Unit 4, you will write an APA-formatted essay on the opposite viewpoint of your selected topic.
Specifically, your submission must include the following:
- A title page with the correct APA formatting
- An abstract page with correct APA formatting
- An introduction paragraph based on the opposing viewpoint of your Unit 3 topic question
- This requires the creation of a new thesis statement.
- It requires 3 supporting subtopics.
- It requires the new thesis statement to be the last sentence of the introduction paragraph.
- Develop at least 3 transitional paragraphs. Transitional paragraphs are the expanded paragraph information based on your thesis subtopics.
- Develop a concluding paragraph. Remember to restate your thesis statement in the conclusion.
Your submission should contain proper APA formatting in addition to the title and abstract pages. APA formatting for margins, spacing, font style, size, running head, and page numbers should be observed. For assistance with APA format, including citations and references, revisit your intellipath nodes on APA, read Chapter 3 of your textbook, and review APA materials provided in the AIU Library and Learning Lab. Visit the APA Web site for detailed free tutorials.
Please note: Citations and references are not required for this assignment. However, if you use quotes or paraphrase ideas that are not your own, be sure to provide in text citations and the aligned references.