- “The United States has a dual court system.” Explain what this means.
- “The general rule is that a case is accepted by the U.S. Supreme Court for decision only if that case has nationwide significance.” Is this statement true or false? Defend your answer.
- “A court decision is effective only within a limited jurisdiction.” What does this mean? Give an example.
- “Every criminal act can be prosecuted in both federal and state courts.” Is this statement true or false? Explain your answer.
- Define criminal procedure. Distinguish it from criminal law.
- Distinguish between a grand jury and a trial jury. If you had a choice, would you prefer to serve as a grand juror or a trial juror? Why?
- How does an indictment differ from an information? When is one used and not the other?
- M is charged with sexual assault. Assume you are a defense lawyer for M. Will you ask for a preliminary examination for your client or not? Justify your answer.
Complete your assignment as instructed. The following submission options are available: