Terminating and Downsizing” Please respond to the following:
- Choose two (2) factors from those discussed in the textbook that may cause a possible breach of an implied contract. Suggest two (2) strategies that an employer may use to avoid these possible breaches from occurring. Justify your response.
- Select two (2) of the following acts: National Labor Relations Act (NLRA), Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification (WARN) Act, Reduction in Force (Age), Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA) and Older Workers Benefit Protection Act (OWBPA). Determine two (2) major challenges that each of the selected acts may cause within an organization, and then outline a plan to prevent the challenges from adversely affecting the organization or employees. Justify your response.
Dave Crenshaw shares on how Entrepreneurs face a lot of tough decisions. That there’s none tougher than having to let a employee go. Yep, it’s time to rip off that chaotic bandage.
Morse, Barnes-Brown & Pendleton
Separation agreements are an easy and cost-effective way for employers to head off some of the most common claims arising from employee terminations. Employee terminations are responsible for the most claims brought against employers in the form of wage claims, discrimination claims and the like. Taking the time to understand and properly draft separation agreements will allow you to mitigate these risks and avoid unnecessary litigation down the road.
“Employment Law” Please respond to the following:
- From the e-Activity, examine the effectiveness of the two (2) employment law that you deem to be the most influential. Support your response with two(2) current case involving the chosen law.
- From the e-Activity, select two (2) negative or adverse cases filed against any organization. Then, decide on a better method that the organization could have used to prevent the negative or adverse outcome. Explain the rationale for your described method.
o Review the document on Discretion and Bias in Performance Evaluations found at http://faculty.chicagobooth.edu/canice.prendergast…
o Use the Internet or the Strayer Library at https://research.strayer.edu to research privacy protection for email and Internet communication. Be prepared to discuss.
“Success as an expatriate employee”
- What abilities make a candidate more likely to succeed in an assignment as an expatriate? Which of these abilities do you have? How might a person acquire these abilities?
“Memberships and Certifications”
You have now completed HRM 500!
- In your own words, explain the importance of HRM to any organization then determine a HRM function that interest you as a future career.
- Then explore the Society of Human Resource Management website http://www.shrm.org/pages/default.aspx, explain the importance of receiving a student membership. Then, provide one (1) HR certification that will enhance your future career choice.
“Intervention and Mapping a Learning Organization” Please respond to the following:
- Read the article titled “Keep Abreast of Human Resources Current Issues”, located at http://www.strategic-human-resource.com/human-resources-current-issues.html. Next, outline a five (5) stage plan of an intervention process for one (1) current issue in Human Resources. Next, justify each stage’s impact on an organization’s OLM designed to address the chosen issue.
- Using the OLM concepts that you have learned in this course, map the learning in your organization or an organization with which you are familiar, and determine the most significant areas for improvements. Justify your response.
A Learning Organization
My assumption is that most of us would agree that employees are the most important asset of any organization. When we have an energized and optimized workforce, the ability to create value for the organization is greatly enhanced (Ward, Berensen, & Daniels, 2018). To ensure the sustainability of an organization it is important that the workers acquire new skills associated with acquiring new capabilities (Ward, Berensen, & Daniels, 2018).
Ward, Berensen, and Daniels (2018) determined that significant changes that require organizational learning and the organization must understand what types of education and training are needed to support the effort. Common solutions include live webinars, live “telepresence” programs, prerecorded programming (available on-demand), and computer-based training (Ward, Berensen, & Daniels, 2018). What is best for your organization? I hope the class has helped you identify the answer.
Ward, A., Berensen, N., & Daniels, R. (2018). Creating a learning organization to help meet the needs of
multihospital health systems. American Journal Of Health-System Pharmacy: AJHP: Official Journal Of The American Society Of Health-System Pharmacists, 75(7), 473–481. https://doi.org/10.2146/ajhp170533
Discussion 2 (Wait on a later date)
“Video Presentation Feedback” Please respond to the following:
- Upload your Proposal Video Presentation to the discussion as your original post. Next, review at least one (1) other student’s video presentation; then, respond to the following topics with your fellow student’s presentation in mind.
Note: To upload your video to the discussion, follow the same steps as uploading the video for the Assignment 2 submission. For a refresher, view the Kaltura video tutorial located below.
- Imagine that you are the CEO of the organization featured in the presentation. Based on the information presented, specify the key aspects of the presentation that would lead you to accept the recommended proposal. Support your response with at least two (2) examples of content from the presentation.
- Suppose that the CEO of the presenter’s organization tasked the presenter with sharing the proposal presentation with a board of directors for final approval. Provide one to two (1-2) suggestions to the presenter for ways he or she can enhance the presentation to increase the likelihood that the board of directors would also accept the proposal. Provide a rationale for your suggestions.