I need help with a Computer Science question. All explanations and answers will be used to help me learn.
IT Governance and IT Risk Management Practices including Risk Inventory
Objectives for Week 7 are:
- Students will gain a deeper understanding of IRB
- Students shall learn the importance of IT governance
- Students will analyze risk inventories
- Students shall describe some IT risk management best practices
Week 7 Required Readings
IT Governance and IT Risk Management Practices:
- Vincent, N. E., Higgs, J. L., & Pinsker, R. E. (2017). IT Governance and the Maturity of IT Risk Management Practices. Journal of Information Systems, 31(1), 59–77. https://doi.org/10.2308/isys-51365
- Etges, A. P. B. da S., Grenon, V., Lu, M., Cardoso, R. B., de Souza, J. S., Kliemann Neto, F. J., & Felix, E. A. (2018). Development of an enterprise risk inventory for healthcare. BMC Health Services Research, 18(1), N.PAG. https://doi.org/10.1186/s12913-018-3400-7
The article on IRB this week discusses broad consent under the revised Common Rule. When you are doing any sort of research you are going to need to have your research plan approved by the University’s institutional review board or IRB. If you have never heard of this term before, please take a look online and find a brief summary of what it is about, before you read the article.
Please answer the following questions in your main post:
- What are the main issues that the article addresses?
- What is the Common Rule?
- How is this issue related to information systems and digital privacy?
Please make your initial post and two response posts substantive. A substantive post will do the following:
- Answer a question (in detail) posted by another student or the instructor
- Provide extensive additional information on the topic
- Explain, define, or analyze the topic in detail
- Provide an outside source (for example, an article from the UC Library) that applies to the topic, along with additional information about the topic or the source (please cite properly in APA)
At least one scholarly source should be used in the initial discussion thread. Be sure to use information from your readings and other sources from the UC Library. Use proper citations and references in your post.
Initial post: Due Aug 12th
Response posts: Due Aug 16th