I need help with a Business question. All explanations and answers will be used to help me learn.
To prepare for this Discussion:
- Review all required readings, including the Weekly Briefing, which provides additional guidance on how to complete the assignment.
- Review the case analysis. You may want to scan it multiple times.
- Identify and review all relevant readings from the MBA Capstone Program Bibliography.
Prepare responses to at least two of the prompts for Part A and all of the prompt for Part B:
Part A: Execution of Strategy at Mozilla
- How would you describe Mozilla’s cultural and organizational DNA? What, specifically, about the way Mozilla enacts strategy and executes its business plan provides it with such depth?
- What do you think are the lessons from Mozilla for other knowledge-based organizations, especially in terms of strategy execution and the involvement of people throughout the organization?
- In what ways is Mozilla more effective at executing strategy than Google.org (case from Week 1)? Why are they more effective?
- What are the critical challenges that Debbie Cohen faces as chief of people at Mozilla, specifically in terms of strategy execution and alignment? What should she do to meet these challenges, and why?
General Guidance: Your original discussion post for Part A should be ½ single-spaced page.
Part B: Getting Everyone to Participate in Strategic Thinking and Execution
Then, based both on the Mozilla case study and your general thoughts from this course, everyone must respond to this question:
- Explain how the knowledge and effective practice of cross-functional strategic thinking can help individual stakeholders (people at all levels of the organization and others outside the organization) participate more fully in organizational efforts to improve long-term performance and overall stakeholder engagement.
General Guidance: Your original discussion post for Part B should be ½ single-spaced page
To prepare your Strategy Playbook:
Review this week’s media piece Capstone Strategy Playbook for Exceptional Results: Description of the Playbook. This media piece provides a description of the contents of the Strategy Playbook, which was also a resource for you in Week 1.
Submit your playbook, which includes the following elements:
- A cover page
- A written Executive Summary that provides key highlights of your playbook
- A strategy map or other playbook summary diagram
- An appendix, your synthesized, integrated compilation of your previous playbook entries
General Format: All sections should be single-spaced. Start with a cover page and begin numbering the pages with the Executive Summary and continue the page numbers through the very end (Appendix included). References should be included after the Appendix and follow APA sixth edition format.
REFERENCES (located in zipfile)
Tavakoli, M. (2015). Diversity & inclusion drive success for today’s leaders: effective organizations and leaders are those that recognize diversity and inclusion as essential to business operations. TD Magazine, (5), 46.