Directed patrol is an important aspect of policing. Hypothetically place yourself in the role as the chief of police in the City of Miami.
- Provide a list of locations within the City that you believe to be “hot spots” for criminal activity. (Research the police agency for its crime statistics.)
- Would you increase the number of police officers assigned to these areas? Why or Why not?
- If you answer yes, what assignments/units would you pull the police officers from?
- What activities would you have the police officers perform in the targeted areas?
- Explain how these activities would control crime?
- If you answer no, how will you justify your inaction to the city commissioners, the mayor (your boss), the media, and the public?
Make sure to:
- Write a short essay or paragraph of at least 500 words. [POST YOUR WORD COUNT AT THE END OF YOUR MAIN POST.]
- Use key terms and concepts from the reading.
- Use concrete examples/details and avoid generalities.
- Address all questions.
- Use proper grammar and punctuation.
- If you researched your topic and are using information from what you learned, remember to cite your sources.
- Do not plagiarize.
- You will not be able to edit your assignment once you post, so please proofread and spell check before hitting post!