I don’t know how to handle this Health & Medical question and need guidance.
Many useful sources of statistical data are available in the public domain on the internet. The United States Center for Disease Control, for example, provides online access to their WONDER (Wide-ranging Online Data for Epidemiologic Research) databases of public health data.
For this assignment, you will be using the ad-hoc query and reporting tools provided on this site to summarize cancer mortality rates. Choose a state, and then collect and present information that answers the following questions:
- Did cancer deaths in your chosen state increase or decrease from year to year between 1999 and 2005?
- How do the 2005 cancer deaths in your chosen state compare to 2005 cancer deaths in four other U.S. states? (You may choose any four states you want for the comparison.)?
- How do the 2005 cancer deaths in that state break down according to race?
You can use any state you wish, just use the same state throughout.
To answer each question:
- Use the “Request Form” to specify suitable query criteria to get a result set that best answers the question (3 points)
- Supply a title that accurately describes the data you’re requesting (1 point). Submit the query.
- Browse the result set and capture screen shots of the:
- Result set, and paste it into the assignment document you will be submitting.
- Query criteria (at the bottom of the results page) and paste it into the document
- Generate a map or a chart to visually present your results. You can select whatever type of chart (e.g. bar chart, pie chart, line chart, map, etc.) you think most clearly presents the data (2 points).
- Capture a screen shot of the chart and paste it into the assignment document you will be submitting
Watch the video instructions for using the WONDER database. If you need help capturing screenshots, you can get instructions for Windows and Macintosh. You MUST submit ALL of the screenshots described (3 screenshots per question, 9 total) to get credit for each question.
Type your name in the upper-right corner of this page next to Student Name
Save your file as a Word Document (.docx).
Include the term Descriptive and your First Name when saving your file. Example: Descriptive_David.docx
Upload your completed document using the Browse button, and then click the Submit button.