CRITICAL ISSUES IN POLICING PAPER Prepare a 1,050- to 1,400-word paper explaining critical issues in policing. Address the following key aspects of policing activities and operations:
- Dangers of policing
- Less-than-lethal weapons
- Technology used in policing
- Issues of homeland security and law enforcement relationships
- One additional critical issue in policing that is of interest to you
- Explain the issue.
- Explain how the issue is relevant to this paper. Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines. FUTURE OF POLICING PROPOSAL Research the future of policing and find two future trends in policing of interest to you. Examples include the following:
- Augmented reality technology
- Radio Frequency Identification systems
- Autonomous vehicles
- Wearable computers
- Predictive policing
- Drone technology and aerial surveillance
- GPS tracking (geo tracking and metadata devices)
Locate at least two articles on each trend.
Create an 8- to 10-slide Microsoft® PowerPoint® proposal for implementing the two trends at an agency. Include the following in your proposal presentation:
- Describe the trends.
- Explain the pros and cons of implementing the trends.
- Provide examples of how the trends are implemented at other agencies.
Format your proposal consistent with APA guidelines.