Name three men commonly recognized as one of the first detectives in the area of criminal investigations and give an overview of their contribution(s) to the field.
- Discuss computer-aided investigation, specifically Comp-stat. Include when, where, and by whom it was implemented, the four principles it was built around, and how computers can help investigators.
- What is the real purpose of a criminal investigation?
- What are the major goals of a criminal investigation?
- What are some characteristics of effective investigators?
- What type of statements are spontaneous statements made at the time of a crime, concerning and closely related to actions involved in the crime? They are often considered more truthful than later, planned responses.
- Protection against lawsuits includes what four elements?
- What legal statute states that anyone who acts under the authority of law and who violates another person’s constitutional rights can be sued?
9. As a police investigator, what is one of the best ways to avoid lawsuits or to defend oneself if sued?