- What are the specific aims and purposes of the criminal law? To what extent does the criminal law control behavior?
- What kinds of activities should be labeled criminal in contemporary society? Why?
- What is a criminal act? What is a criminal state of mind? When are individuals liable for their actions?
- Discuss the various kinds of crime classifications. To what extent or degree are they distinguishable?
- Numerous states are revising their penal codes. Which major categories of substantive crime do you think should be revised?
- Entrapment is a defense when the defendant was entrapped into committing the crime. To what extent should law enforcement personnel induce the commission of an offense?
- What legal principles can be used to justify self defense? Given that the law seeks to prevent crime, not promote it, are such principles sound?
- What are the minimum standards of criminal procedure required in the criminal justice system?