I’m studying for my Writing class and need an explanation.
For this assignment, you have been asked by your supervisor to create a trend
report that examines the impact of a recent trend in the hotel industry, and the potential
impact on Metropolitan Hotels specifically.
1. After reading the two chapters for this unit and completing the assessment, you will
need to choose a topic. You can choose any topic from the list below, or any other
topic you like. IF YOU CHOOSE A TOPIC FROM OUTSIDE THIS LIST, EMAIL ME
WITH YOUR CHOICE BEFORE YOU BEGIN WRITING.
Some examples of relevant topics include:
1. The effect of AirBNB on the hotel industry
2. Changing customer loyalty programs and whether Metropolitan Hotels should adopt
3. Sustainability and/or Corporate Responsibility
4. Catering to an increase in international travelers coming to the US
2. Use the PSU library to gather at least ten resourceson your topic in the hotel
industry. There is a link to some library sources about general demographic data at
the bottom left of your screen, as well.
3. Appropriately document your sourcesusing APA format (guide can be found at
the OWL at Purdue here: https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/section/2/10/ (Links to
an external site.) (Links to an external site.))
4. Compose a Trend Report that has the following sections:
o Executive Summary
1. Your executive summary should give an overview of the entire document,
including background, research sources, and conclusions or
1. Your introduction should introduce the background, explain the problem and
why we as an organization should pay attention to it.
2. Additionally, your introduction should preview the rest of the report – what
information will I find in which sections?
o Trend Analysis
1. Based on your research, is the problem growing or subsiding?
2. What is your estimate of the overall financial impact on the hotel industry of
3. What potential problems are present for us at Metropolitan Hotels?
1. What steps should we take to be proactive about this trend?
2. If there is a potential financial impact, what should we do to be prepared?
5. Your report should be 7-10 pages long, inclusive of references, double-spaced.