First, click here to download a copy of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s Social Media Toolkit.
Source: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. (2016). Social Media Toolkit. Retrieved from http://www.cdc.gov/socialmedia/tools/guidelines/pd…
Next, choose a population health issue that is currently affecting your community or state, the United States, or has become a global health issue. Using the information from the toolkit, create a social media plan to inform the public of the health issue you chose. Be sure to:
- Describe your target audience.
- Choose at least 3 ways social media will be used to reach the target audience.
- Briefly describe the content that will be included for each of your 3 or more social media outlets.
- List at least one pro and one con for using social media to inform the public about the health issue you chose.
- The social media plan should be at least 500 words in length.
- There should be a minimum of three credible references used, which should be listed in APA format.