Topic: Is the COVID-19 “pandemic” serious or an exaggeration?
My position- It is serious
Organization of Essay
1. Introduce the issue.
2. Provide background information/history of the issue
3. Identify all positions (all sides) of the issue.
A. Provide as many details as necessary for clarity.
4. Take each side individually and provide reasons to support that position.
A. Provide as many details as necessary to ensure that the reasons are explained well.
5. State your position on the issue. 6. Provide strong reasons for why you have taken that position.
A. Provide details so that your position is clear to the reader.
7. Summarize the overall essay in the final paragraph. The essay should be organized exactly like this!
1. Research all side of the issue using at least 3 scholarly/academic resources.
2. Prepare a double-spaced essay with a minimum of 500 words in response to the issue.
(With the cover page and the works cited page (references), you will have 5 pages in total.)
3. Provide an introduction that gives the reader some background information/history on
4. In the essay you will present all sides of the issue.
5. Then you will take a position on the issue and state the reasons why you have taken that
6. Defend your position, to the extent possible, based upon fact, not emotion.
7. Ensure that you know the meanings and pronunciations of all words contained in the issue
questions as well as within your essay.
8. Format your paper in MLA style.
9. Cite all quotations precisely.
10. Clearly define/explain ambiguous and/or uncommon words.
11. Formal English must be used. (Texting language is grounds for automatic failure.)
12. For this assignment spelling and grammar are just as important at content.
13. Proofread your paper. Have someone else proofread your paper.
14. Do not use any software that automatically rewords another author’s work.