Conflict Criminology and Sociology
The concept of criticalcriminology has been prevalent among criminologists for decades. A derivativeof Marxist Theory, the primary focus of conflict criminology is the disparitieslinked to economic, social, and political affiliation. Chapter 8 in yourprimary textbook and the MSU professorMichalsen video discuss socialconflict and critical criminology (Siegel, 2015, & Michalsen, 2011).
In your paper
- Explain how conflict theory is related to bothcriminology and sociology using appropriate terminology.
- Discuss how politics play a role in conflict theoryusing appropriate terminology.
- Discuss how politics influence crime rates of the lowerclass using appropriate terminology.
- Evaluate various sociological schools of crimecausation using appropriate terminology.
Your paper must
- Be three to five double-spaced pages in length (notincluding title and references pages) and formatted according to APA styleas outlined in the
- Include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Use at least five scholarly sources in addition to thecourse text and the article being evaluated.
- Document all sources in APA style as outlined in theAshford Writing Center.
- Include a separate references page that is formattedaccording to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.