Task 1: (500 words)
Submit a work proposal for this assignment on or before the above-mentioned date, which must include:
- Understanding of deliverables – detailed description of deliverables
- General overview of proposed plan with initial understanding and solution
- Resources identified
- Time schedules
The Proposal must be submitted within 72 Hours
Task 2: (2500 words)
The e-mail service is increasingly essential for organizations and their employees. As such, it needs constant monitoring to resolve any performance issues and to sustain an adequate level of service. To cope with the increase of traffic as well as the dimension of organizations, several architectures have been evolving, such as cluster computing, promising new paradigms of service delivery, which can possibility solve many current problems such as scalability, increased storage and processing capacity, greater rationalization of resources, cost reduction, and increase in performance. However, it is necessary to check whether they are suitable to receive e-mail servers, and as such the purpose of this case study will concentrate on evaluating the performance of e-mail servers, in different hosting architectures. Beyond computing platforms, is also analyze different server applications. They will be analyzed to determine which combinations of computer platforms and applications obtained better performances for the SMTP, POP3 and IMAP services.
The general requirements of the report are given below: The students are expected to focus on:
- Rationale for selecting the system
- Description of the selected system:
- High-Availability (HA) Clusters
- Load-Balancing Clusters
- E-Mail Service
- Mail Storage Format
- Critically identify and analyze how the organization to manage the risk factors associated with implementing the email system
- Provide a detailed recommendation on how to minimize the risk factors
- Critical self-evaluation of the process
*** Total words count = 3000 words
*** Each key in task 2b&2c should be done with literature review.
*** In-Text Citations and References using Harvard style.