COM 340 – Feasibility Report
Feasibility reports are thorough investigations that examine the viability and practicality of a proposal. They are necessary to minimize organizational risk when proposing a service, strategy, initiative, program, process, or change. They are also critical to identify roadblocks to implementation. All business professionals must understand how to use research to make decisions and communicate findings.
Create a feasibility report that examines the feasibility of a service, strategy, initiative, policy, program, process, or change. A senior management or board of directors will be the recipient of the feasibility report.
The reports should adhere to this organization: Headings are in bold
- Cover page (See sample in Resource titled, “Formal Reports”)
- Table of Contents
- Introduction (approx. 1-1.5 pages)
- Problem/Need – background of problem/need, and why
- Solutions and Alternatives – explain the solutions/alternatives you have selected (must have at least 3).
- Establishing Criteria -establish at least 3 criteria selected for making comparisons. Tell how and why you selected criteria to use as yardstick in evaluating alternatives.
- Definition of Criteria – your criteria should be very objectively defined so they are not subjective and open to opinion
- Discussion/Evaluation – thoroughly discuss and evaluate the alternatives based on the criteria. Be sure to offer advantages and disadvantages of each. Refer to the graphic in the Appendices.
5. Recommendations (approx. 1-2 pages)
- Recommendation -clearly and concisely indicate which specific product(s) or service(s) you recommend for your organization and why.
- Advantages/Disadvantages – offer the advantages and disadvantages of your recommendation.
- Offer Plan for Implementation – How will your organization purchase product(s) or service(s)? When? Where? Who will be responsible for making purchase?
- Summary or Conclusion – end your report with an appropriate and professional closing statement or paragraph.
Appendix an original (you must create) data depiction : bar chart, line chart, pie chart. Tables may be used but they do not count toward the graphic requirement ) (approx. 1 page)
- Seven, from the Walsh College Library
|Font and Size:||12 point Calibri, Arial, Times New Roman|
|Research:||Seven different sources obtained from the Walsh Library. All sources must be cited within the text of the formal report in addition to the reference page.|
|Length:||See page breakdown above|
|Graphics:||Headings listed above in bold (subheadings if you deem necessary) should be used; an original (you must create) graphic: bar chart, line chart, pie chart must be contained in the Appendices. Tables may be used but they do not count toward the graphic requirement (approx. 1 page)|
- Be responsive to the audience’s subject knowledge, attitudes, interests, and values as well as the purpose and occasion.
- Employ format specifications detailed in the “Your Task” section of this assignment description.
- Incorporate effective language for the audience, purpose, and situation.
- Utilize the appropriate organizational pattern for the message’s purpose.
- Utilize formal research report form that is professional, attractive (including graphic highlighting where appropriate), efficient, and clearly expresses the information.
- Reflect professional communication standards including tone, research, APA documentation in-text and in a reference page, grammar, and overall writing standards.
ALONG WITH THE FINAL PAPER, I AM GOING TO NEED THREE SEPEARTE DOCUMENTS THAT INCLUDE:
DOCUMENT 1- NEED BY 4/26/21
Draft Of Intro/Content Check To Feasibility Report – Submission
Please do not provide the entire paper or more than assigned here. My goal is to give you helpful feedback that you can apply throughout your paper. My role is not to “edit” your paper. I want you to own the final product. If you need additional assistance, please take advantage of Student Success Services.
For this content check, I’m looking for three elements:
- Explanation or description of the problem
- Your three solutions to the problem
- Criteria by which you will evaluate those three solutions
- Definition of your Criteria
Please use the following headings in this content check:
- Three Solutions
- Definition of Criteria.
I know this may evolve as your research evolves. This is a check to make sure you are including the correct content.
DOCUMENT 2- NEED BY 5/1/21
Draft Of References/Content Check For Feasibility Report – Submission
Please do not provide the entire paper. My goal is to give you helpful feedback that you can apply throughout your paper. My role is not to “edit” your paper. I want you to own the final product. If you need additional assistance, please take advantage of Student Success Services.
Requirements for Draft/Content Check of References page of the Feasibility Report
- At least four sources (remember, you must ultimately have a minimum of seven from the Library)
- References page, properly formatted
- Each source, properly formatted
DOCUMENT 3- NEED BY 5/10/21
Draft Of The Body/Content Check Of Feasibility Report – Submission
Choose one of your alternatives and analyze it using all of your criteria. Please do not provide the entire paper or the entire body of the report. My goal is to give you helpful feedback that you can apply throughout your paper. My role is not to “edit” your paper. I want you to own the final product. If you need additional assistance, please take advantage of Student Success Services.
Body of the Feasibility Report. For ONE of your Alternatives Provide:
- A brief summary of your problem, solutions, and defined criteria (as it was or may have evolved from the intro)
- Discussion and evaluation of the alternative based on all of your criteria Be sure to offer advantages and disadvantages of each.
- Evidence properly introduced, quoted, and cited – at least two in-text citations
- A Reference page with the References you used for this assignment.