Name of the class :
Modern Business-Driven Technologies and E-commerce
Final Paper Proposal (1): Title
This week you will choose a title that determines your research topic for this course. Your research topic should have the following characteristics:
First, clearly determine the content of the research paper.
Second, a good title should be interesting to the reader.
Third, it should reflect the tone of the writing and the type of research (quantitative, qualitative, mix).
Fourth and finally, it should contain important keywords that will make it easier to be located during a keyword search.
Resources for Further Reading
In addition to the tips above, there are many resources online that you can use to help write your research title. Here is a list of links that you may find useful as you work on creating an excellent research title:
- The University of Southern California has a guide specific to social science research papers: http://libguides.usc.edu/writingguide/title
- The Journal of European Psychology Students has a blog article focusing on APA-compliant research paper titles: http://blog.efpsa.org/2012/09/01/how-to-write-a-good-title-for-journal-articles/
- This article by Kristen Hamlin contains a step-by-step approach to writing titles: http://classroom.synonym.com/choose-title-research-paper-4332.html
- Hairston, M., & Keene, M. 2003. Successful writing. 5th ed. New York: Norton.
- University of Southern California. 2017. Organizing your social sciences research paper: choosing a title. [Online] Available at: http://libguides.usc.edu/writingguide/title
Please provide a well-crafted topic for your final paper. It should be a well-articulated phrase that is both meaningful and directional. The chosen topic has to be in line with your research interests and the class topic. Here are some suggestions you might want to look into to find a topic:
- the role of social media in societal culture with radical effect on the cultural expectation (i.e. Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Iraq, India, Nigeria)
- Post COVID-19 international challenges of major global companies: a comparative study of the post and pre COVID-19 (IKEA, AMAZON, MICROSOFT, ALIBABA, WALMART, TOYOTA, NIO, TESLA, …)
- Contingency global leadership
- Who will set the basis of global strategy (USA, China, EU, …)?
- Women in global leadership: Matriarchal vs Patrircal approach.
You may write only write 20 – 30 words to clarify your chosen topic.