Assignment 3: Cost and Quality
Due Week 7 and worth 75 points
This assignment is a continuation and enhancement of Assignment 2.
Create a Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), and assign resources and cost by using a project management tool. As the IT project manager, you have been assigned a project to deploy ten (10) wireless access points in your companyâ€™s warehouse and break room within the next ninety (90) days. You are free to make assumptions that satisfy the scope of the project such as training, wiring, consulting efforts, etc.
Your submission will be made in .mpp format and will be graded on the accuracy of your work package assumptions and duration estimates.
In your assignment, address the following:
- Create 15 or more decomposed work packages into 4 levels that are assigned to 5 or more main tasks (75 line items).
- Ensure the main WBS tasks headings are the 5 PMBOKÂ® process areas.
- Create a Work Breakdown Structure Code for each task.
- Determine an overall project duration and duration estimates for each of the tasks. The duration is not to exceed 90 days.
- Create accurate work package assumptions and duration estimates.
- Include 7 resources assigned in the Resource Sheet as â€œWorkâ€ types and 3 resources assigned as â€œ Materialâ€ types.
- Ensure the Resources are paid no more than $30/hour and that the â€œMaterialâ€ cost per use will not exceed $50.
- Include your resources and materials from the Resource Sheet in the task sheet.
- Create 10 dependencies in the Task Sheet.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Microsoft Project or its open source alternative in .mpp format.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Describe the knowledge and processes areas of project management in accordance to the Project Management Institute Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOKÂ®) Guide.
- Evaluate the different cost management factors in an IT project management context.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in IT project management.
- Write clearly and concisely about issues in IT project management using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.