You are working in a veteran’s group home for clients with anxiety, PTSD, depressive, and personality disorders.Some of them use self-mutilation and cutting on their wrists to divert their pain. Most of these residents stay in the group home for one year. There is no limit to the amount of sessions they can attend. The first priority is get them involved in individual therapy.
Your supervisor asks you to do the following to prepare for you first meeting with the clients. You will use your presentation to inspire them to sign up for the group.
- Research two methods that would be effective for counseling these adult males.
- Present your research to the residents in a proactive inspiring manner through a presentation to their group using your notes
- Present at least three reasons why each of these types of therapy would benefit the residents
- Include an overview of the skills the residents will learn in order to help them decrease their incidence of self-harm. Invite client participation through an ending question and answer period
- Cite your sources using APA style, and include a reference list.
- 1-2 pages