Benchmark – Case Study
Refer to Data Sets for Chapter 2 and Data Sets for Chapter 9. Complete Parts 1 and 2 of the case study assignment as follows:
Business Statistics, A First Course offers cases at the end of each chapter, including “Managing Ashland MultiComm Services.”
Use the “Managing Ashland MultiComm Services” case to answer the following questions:
- Chapter 2, Questions 1 and 2
- Chapter 3, Questions 2 and 3
- Chapter 5, Questions 1-3
- Chapter 9, Questions 1 and 2
You are required to show all of your work/formulas to receive credit for the assignments. Failure to show your work/formulas will negatively affect your grade.
Reflect on the “Managing Ashland MultiComm Services” case information presented throughout the assigned questions in Part 1. Write a 300-375 word explanation of how you would respond to the following scenario:
You have been asked by J. Doe, the leader of the technical operations department, to only test to see if there is a difference between the mean target and the actual results. Some employees in the department have mentioned that J. Doe is seeking approval for new equipment that will increase speed. Prior requests have been declined and the leader wants to use your results to prove new equipment is required.
Address the following in your response:
- Ethical issues in business statistics and how your personal values are applied.
- Which ethical guideline(s) are you applying? How?
- How does the scenario affect your personal decision making as it related to statistics and ethics?
- What guidance, using principles from a Christian worldview perspective, could be applied to understand and address these ethical issues presented in the scenario? The following GCU websites may be helpful: (a) GCU Doctrinal Statement (b) GCU Mission and Vision.
- Provide two or three external resources to help frame the issue.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Please refer to the directions in the Student Success Center.