I’m studying for my Business class and don’t understand how to answer this. Can you help me study?
Culture Shock…has it happened to you?
Describe a time when you experienced culture shock. Merriam-Webster’s Collegiate Dictionary defines culture shock as a “sense of confusion and uncertainty sometimes with feelings of anxiety that may affect people exposed to an alien culture,” such as one might experience when visiting a foreign country. What caused the culture shock you experienced? What did you do to adjust to the culture? List two or three things from the text reading that can help to minimize “culture shock”. (Note that this does not necessarily have to have been in a foreign country. It could also be a new work environment, or in another region of this country.)
Please see the information in the Start Here Module (
Graded Discussion Boards) and Syllabus regarding requirements for discussion posting. Briefly, your initial post should completely answer the question posed and be posted by Wednesday. Respectful posts to classmates should be made (in a separate visit to the discussion board) by Sunday nights.
- Post your response by Wednesday (11:59 pm) and respond to at least two other students’ posts by Sunday (11:59 pm) for each week’s discussion.
- Please also review the Discussion Board rubric which outlines how you are graded on discussion posts. (For example, the “proficient” part of the participation grade is the minimum requirement of three posts. To achieve the “exceptional” range, you should post in excess of this.)
- Read the question asked carefully and assure that you have answered all parts asked.
- The discussion board is an important part of your grade and the primary means of interaction with your classmates. Please take it seriously, consider it studiously, and reply respectfully.
- Please note that you will not be able to view the discussion until you make a post.