Statistical assignment 1 2020
Based on a survey that identifies practitioners’ perceptions of marketing within the two industries furniture industry and fishing industry, you are asked to do different statistical tasks. The relevant data file is: fishing_furniture.sav
1) Make a table showing the main descriptives of all the variables, and indicate their measurement scales.
2) Show a box-plot of the performance variable, and explain this plot.
3) Do a factor analysis of the twelve marketing perception variables (MP01-MP12) on the total sample, and create new summated scales for the different factors that you find. Label the factors (give them short names) in a way that indicates the central dimension of the marketing concept that each factor account for.
4) Split the total sample in two sub-samples according to type of industry, and do a factor analysis for each of the sectors. Explain the results and compare to the analysis in 3).
5) Conduct an independent sample t-test of the mean value of the summated scales using the total sample.
6) Based on all the analyses, discuss reliability and – as far as you can – validity of the factors.
Report only the main results for different task (max 6 pages), and include an appendix with relevant SPSS-output.